• other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondy

Solid State Member
I have no idea what i need or want!?!?!

Im getting a AMD Athlon 64 X2 what operating system should I go for???

I vote for 64 but be sure all the hardware you buy has 64 bit drivers if so then you should be fine. I will be using the x64 edition myself replacing my pro when I finish my new computer in a few weeks.

Some will try to convince you x64 is not the way to go and that is their opinion but if anyone says home they are just plain wrong as that version will not even take a small advantage (only detects oen processor correct me if wrong) of your processor. Pro can at least take some advantage of it (2 processors non 64 bit though).

Tyler1989 said:
I vote for 64 but be sure all the hardware you buy has 64 bit drivers if so then you should be fine. I will be using the x64 edition myself replacing my pro when I finish my new computer in a few weeks.

Some will try to convince you x64 is not the way to go and that is their opinion but if anyone says home they are just plain wrong as that version will not even take a small advantage (only detects oen processor correct me if wrong) of your processor. Pro can at least take some advantage of it (2 processors non 64 bit though).

wow....

xp 64 just isn't ready yet. it probably never will be. wait for vista 64. in the meantime, use regular home or pro. pro just have more features. it doesn't improve performance in any way.

if you want to take advantage of the 64bit technology now, go linux

Sure it has a few bugs but thats besides the point why would you reccommend Home when it will only detect one core of his processor? From what I understand Home only has licensing for one processor. Pro will allow 2 processors/cores.

As for x64 being bad what is so bad about it besides it's driver issues.

Tyler1989 said:
Sure it has a few bugs but thats besides the point why would you reccommend Home when it will only detect one core of his processor? From what I understand Home only has licensing for one processor. Pro will allow 2 processors/cores.

As for x64 being bad what is so bad about it besides it's driver issues.

where do you get that? I have xp home sp1 on my triple boot system. it's faster than my xp pro sp2 (it's not as secure, though). I use it and keep it because aanything past sp1 spies on you and block you for doing centain things (like burning a xp cd). it is the last freedom OS from MS.

I agree with EricB, x64 is not ready quite yet

not1available.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom