PPU.... POP or FLOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
i was reading pc world and i see that ppu's are about to hit it big in 2006 do you guys thing that they are goingto do any good or if there going to be another useless add-on???

Flop danm it i dont want to pay 200 freaking dollar for a frekaing physics card, when i wont even waste more then that on graphice
card.

FLOP

efd... you have been bashing on all these new technologies and saying you're not gona pay for them. why don't you head over to the general pc section instead of the HIGH PREFORMANCE section. Mabey you are not such a heavy gamer and don't wan't/need these things, but that doesn't mean everybody else is the same. check this out:
http://www.airtightgames.com/currentproject.html

look man im a gamer but i dont believe in wasting money on shit you dont need. I woudl rather see it intergrated in the gpu then have to shell 200 for it.

Is not that i dont like new thech is that i dont want to pay for something that i dont need to play my games.

You will either need a very VERY good CPU or a PPU eventually... And when I say a good CPU a CPU that is more or less dedicated to the physics....

Even an FX-57 overclocked to 4GHz wouldn't even be able to compare to the power of the PhysX card in terms of physics processing abilities. EFD, if it is integrated into a GPU then the video card would just cost $200 more.

The PPU is designed for Physics. It can do 10x as much stuff as a regular processor can, in terms of Physics. Ofcourse no CPU can compare to it.

Its only for high-end builders. All it will do is give you accurate physics in the game. Do you really think if you crash your plane into a giant ball of something, the ball will go on a bowling-ball rampage?

Its all about destructible environments.

It will be a POP.

I my self if they make one in PCI like there saying they will i will buy one. But that will be just about the last thing i buy for my system..... Since it is now outdated :'(

Lame. Before you know it, there will be enviornmental processing cards(for weather, water effects, and fire).

Just seems like a stupid idea.

Woah! Look at my physics card in action! When the player gets shot his legs bend FORWARD instead of backwards! And when he drops his gun, it drops accurately and even tumbles a few times! Here's 200 dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom