SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice thread gaara

btw i would just NOT get anything that performs as well as a 512mb 7800GTX cos i can play everything on my 6600GT and im happy. Sure a 7800GT would be nice but what is the differance in grfx between a 7800GT amd 512mb 7800GTX? cos i would rather save the money and get a next gen card when they come out :D

Hey gaara I know you said "I'll let you decide" but most people here know your position and Dell calls you a lier... I think these charts are alittle biased myself I'll let you decide that.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top...imen_xps600_sp_overview?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs
dimen_xps600_sp_dualchart.jpg

Yea this thread is really informative..

I was going to buy another vid card at a later date, but now i dont know if I will. If i notice some drop in fps with new games then maybe i will. For now mine gets the job done, I dont know about these benchmarks my 7800GT gets somewhere in btw 150-220 fps at 1280x1024x32 in Half Life 2 with AA at 4, AF at 16, and image settings at High Quality.

Half Life 2 isn't very demanding, I am able to play it with all the settings at the highest, and the resolution as high as my monitor can support (1280x1024), and still play it without any problems. Did I mention that my current card is a 6600GT(eVga version runs around 120 dollars) that is slightly overclocked. It doesn't take the most expensive cards to play HL2.

ok i like the review i think it should stay. also crossfire sounds alot better than sli, and i mean that literally. u walk around teling people u got crossfire and they think whoa he has twice the fire power, but u walk around telling people u got sli and they think huh???sli???what gives???

ok i think that initially the X1800XT was overkill for the 7800 but then nvidia put in 512MB of memory on the GTX version to compensate and now the GTX version is a tad bit faster than the XT. however as usual, nvidia is better in terms of bang for the buck. a good investment is a 6800 and unlock the extra pipes.

well corssfire is a waste of money of course if u get a 7800gtx it will still perform fantastic with all the settings turned up if ur rich and an ati fanboy get it if not then meh. Wow i havent heard that term in a while(ati fanboy).

Always wondered, is crossfire the same technology as SLI or are they 2 completely different creatures?

just looking at the post with the charts from Dell, wtf?? a 7800 beaten by an x850 PE is that MEANT to happen or a marketing ploy from dell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom