Monitor Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
Hello Everyone I've just ordered the parts for my new build you can find it in my sig if you want for details to that but my Video card requires a DVI connection to the moniter and I've decided to trash my small 14'-16' VGA CRT Monitor. What is a good LCD Monitor that supports DVI interface for around $400.

pfff...

Finally someone with a solid LCD Budget.

I have this and couldn't be happier.
24-116-355-15.JPG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116355

They actually have a new one out... instead of being 3ms gray to gray response, the new one is 2ms.
24-116-375-11.JPG

They are exactly the same... $50 difference.

You won't notice a difference in 1ms.

Both of those monitors that I posted have the ultimate minimum response time that gamers look for. Also, it's contrast, brightness and color are extremely good. The blacks, grays and whites are all excellent too.

Both of those monitors have both DVI and Analog connectors.
I use DVI.

That $300 deal that was listed is excellent... I would even consider picking up another at that price.

I got my Samsung SyncMaster 914V 19" LCD for $124 from Staples
No, it's prolly not the best for gaming, and no, it doesn't have DVI, but for the price I coudldn't pass it up. Not to mentiont that i'm not a gamer

I just ordered the VX724 (17" model of the VX924) and I can't wait to get it. Viewsonic makes great monitors and the VX series is very, very good. The thing to keep in mind as Havoc2k5 rightly points out is the response time. On specs it will read 8ms or 12ms or 16ms, etc. The lower the number the faster the response time which is what you need for gaming. And as Havock2k5 aslo points out the V924 (as well as the VX724) it is measured at 3ms. And, yes, that $300.00 is certainly a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom