Remote Desktop Web Comnnection

Status
Not open for further replies.

blake67t

Baseband Member
Ok, I got the remote desktop web connection to work perfectly, easy.....

I thought it would be great to leave the desktop on at my apartment and be able to access all of my 240 GB's from anywhere. The stupid thing is, if you don't know, that you cannot copy/paste to and from the remote computer. So the only thing I can do it view what is on the PC, not replicate it.

I have heard there is a fix out there, like a ptach or something that enables the option to copy/past from a remote web connection.

Please help if you know.

Thanks

Hi, its simple use some remote access products like RemotePC. You will have special features to transfer data files between your computers and even print them locally. The communication between the computers is also very safe with high standard of encryption.

For more details, check out the product website at http://www.remotepc.com

Here is an option. It's not remote desktop, but it's a Virtual private network. Think of it as having an your home computer on your LAN at work. And it's free because it's a beta.
http://www.hamachi.cc/

My friend and I use it all the time to tranfer files and play games on LAN. It's proven to be reliable to us.

blake67t said:
Ok, I got the remote desktop web connection to work perfectly, easy.....

I thought it would be great to leave the desktop on at my apartment and be able to access all of my 240 GB's from anywhere. The stupid thing is, if you don't know, that you cannot copy/paste to and from the remote computer. So the only thing I can do it view what is on the PC, not replicate it.

I have heard there is a fix out there, like a ptach or something that enables the option to copy/past from a remote web connection.

Please help if you know.

Thanks

No problem...Here's how

For security reasons, copying files or folders between your remote computer and the computer you are using to connect is not enabled by default. If the local computer you are connecting from is a public terminal, you may not want to share the drive for fear of transmitting malware or viruses between the machines. Since you're using your own laptop, the security risk is much lower and the convenience of transferring files between the two machines far outweighs any potential hazards. I know Remote Desktop already saved me several times by copying files I forgot at home to my laptop from the comfort of a hotel.

To enable copying files between computers, launch the Remote Desktop Connection on the machine you are connecting from (in this case, your laptop). Click the Options button to expand the list of Options tabs. Click the Local Resources tab. Check the box next to Disk drives. Checking the box next to Printers also enables you to print files from your remote computer to a printer connected to the local computer. Click the Connect button.

rdc_diskdrives.gif

To test the copy and paste function, right-click any file on the Desktop or in Windows Explorer on your remote computer. Choose Copy from the list. Right-click the desktop on your local computer and choose Paste. Without checking the Disk drives box on the Local Resources tab, the option to Paste will be grayed out on your local computer.

Keep in mind the Disk drives option will be on by default on any remote connection you make from your laptop, so if you are connecting remotely to a computer you don't trust, it may be wise to turn the feature off before connecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom