3 watercooling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order of components doesnÂ’t really matter as long as you donÂ’t have any major restriction right before the inlet of the pump or it may cause cavitation. But having two pumps in a row will have no effect on performance (good or bad).

The leak Nubuis was talking about.
full.JPG

Ditch those reservoirs. They like to suck air into the loop. Also get rid of the Y's and you never want to run you stuff in parallel unless you like bad performance.

Not sure if your thinking about that Polarflo block but I wouldn't get it.

EDIT:

I fixed your drawing
SETUP6x.jpg

lol i like your drawing SB :)

i was told at gruntville that the polarflow tt was the best :confused:

And I didnt put any y's on it, the TT has two outlets and the dual 5x1.5 res has two inlets.

If the res's didnt create blockage would it matter if iput them there simply for asthetics?

Meh I figured since my ram chips on my 6600GT get rather warm they would add extra heat to the loop thats not really needed.... But I see your point kinda now Nubius.

MAXIMILIAN said:
lol i like your drawing SB :)

i was told at gruntville that the polarflow tt was the best :confused:

And I didnt put any y's on it, the TT has two outlets and the dual 5x1.5 res has two inlets.

If the res's didnt create blockage would it matter if iput them there simply for asthetics?

You will be cutting the flow through the GPU blocks in half by running them in parallel. Which will serverly reduce the performance. The gruntville review that they are refering too showed the polarflo block was so good that it defied physics. Also I wouldn't use one for three reasons. First being that it is an old design (non impingment) so the odds are the performance isn't there. Second, they don't send review samples out to any of the people with good review benches (like procooling and Robotech). If they had a good block then they would be sending it to these places to show how well it performs (which is what every other company does). So to me it seems like they are hiding something. And third but not least, they use(d) aluminum tops which will lead to corrosion over time. Now they have gone the acrylic top route which is better, but they don't offer a acetal/delrin or brass top which has been a proven winner over time for durability since I have had two acrylic tops crack and all my delrin or brass tops have no signs a wear.

im just understand how running them paralel instead of in a line will have any effect considering its the same amount of preasure.

And what about the diagram with two loops :D:D:D

MAXIMILIAN said:
im just understand how running them paralel instead of in a line will have any effect considering its the same amount of preasure.

And what about the diagram with two loops :D:D:D

If you have 140 gallons per hour running through your loop when they split to you gpu blocks they will be cut in half 70gph through each block equaling the 140gph your system is pumping.

Two loops is a no-no... you want both pump in a row so you get the most head out of the parts you have.

funny, i didnt think of it that way but that makes perfect sense :)

a d5 per 2x rad would work better still though wouldnt it?(cuz i really really really like that setup :D:D:D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom