best hard drive brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maxtor is crap. Out of 10 hardrives that come in bad, I would say 8 are maxtor.

Western is best, Seagates alright if you are using SCSI, otherwise I'm always a western Digital guy.

wd no doubt. I have worked on a ton of hard drives and almost never is it a wd. seagates are not bad but maxtors blow.

flyboychuckles said:
Both my WD and Maxtor died within a week of each other so now I am sporting Hitachi brand.

They call your hard drive the deathstar. You are cursed.

I use seagate or Western Digital. Maxtor and IBM drives always, always die on me.

Yeah... I've got to agree with Seagate & Western Digital.
Those are the only 2 drives i'll use.

Seagate has excellent free utilities and their customer support is fantasic. That's my experience anyway.

I've got a 160GB 7200rpm Hitachi hard drive and it's awesome :). Most other people would go with Seagate or Western Digital though.

DJ-CHRIS said:
They call your hard drive the deathstar. You are cursed.

I use seagate or Western Digital. Maxtor and IBM drives always, always die on me.

Nah. The Deathstars were when IBM made the drives. Mine are working great and don't make gawd awful sqeaking noises like my WD.

As far as being cursed, well maybe by something since I had two drives and my PSU die within two weeks of each other. Hopefully that's the end of that.

I currently have 1 Hitachi 80GB, a Maxtor 40GB, a Maxtor 160GB and a Maxtor 300GB.
I only bought the Maxtors and the Hitachi cause they are much cheaper than other brands over here.
Otherwise I would go with Seagate, but they are hell expensive.

I had 2 disks die on me in the past. A Samsung and a WD.

In my career is a technician still ongoing it seems when the companies I worked for bought maxtor they regretted it and now we have switched them to Hitachi, as the maxtors always fail on us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom