Small browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems with it, dont know why everyone hates it so. *sniff* :)

Well to start IE is dependent on Active X which is the main source of spyware and viruses. Going to any kind of site that you need Active X you are surely gonna have spyware/virus installed on your PC. That alone is a major factor. Aside from the fact that Opera followed by Firefox are faster browsers.

The only thing i ever use IE for is Microsoft Beta, Microsoft Connect and Windows Update. Aside from that i have not found a site that i cant get to using Opera.

Dunno, Ive never had spyware or adware or a browser hijacker.Seen alot on other peoples computers.Most spybot or adaware has ever found on my comps is cookies.

And since sp2 doesnt IE ask before installing an active x control?

So if your on asian kittens dot com and it wants to install one id just not allow it. :)

lol. That is good. But i dont go to those sites. Some of the sites i go on for research do ask for active x controlers but since im in opera i dont worry about it.
You must just not be going to any underground sites or any other ummm perk sites.
It isnt only those sites that ask for it though. I have had some legit sites ask for active x to be installed. I dont allow it but some people dont know the risk involved with active x.
I enjoy the speed i get with opera. Its nice having a site come up in less than a second. That has been the biggest perk for me. That along with native RSS feed support.

Flock Is another alternative. It is small and light weight. It is based off of the Firefox model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom