Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmidt1989

Baseband Member
This christmas i was thinking about getting myself some ram. i dont really know much about memory, so ill leave it to the pros on here. i was wondering what type i need to get. i know right now my memory is pc2700 but i was wondering if thats just what type i have or is that the only type im allowed to have. i wanted to get 2 sticks of 512, giving me over 1gb of ram, because right now im running with 1 stick of friggin 256 and it just aint doing anything for me anymore. so what should i get, i looked alot on tiger direct and found lots stuff, and i want it to be cheapest but not crappiest. but anyhow heres my specs if you need them.

Memory Module Properties

Module Name Samsung M3 68L3223DTL-CB3
Serial Number 4306433Dh
Manufacture Date Week 48 / 2002
Module Size 256 MB (1 rank, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Memory Speed PC2700 (166 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Motherboard properties

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 133 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 533 MHz
Bandwidth 4266 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties
Bus Type DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 167 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 333 MHz
Bandwidth 2666 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

Motherboard Physical Info
CPU Sockets/Slots 1
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 AGP
RAM Slots 2 DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Chipset SiS648

you dont plan on overclocking do you .....? if you do ... pzero is selling ocz memory right now........

mmm no i wasnt i dont know much about computer hardware, so i have no idea how to overclock and i dont want to fry anything. just software and spyware are my specialties.

Personally if I were you i'd find out what your motherboard supports.

If it does support DDR400 I'd go with that for obvious reasons. If it only supports up to DDR333 then still go with the DDR400, it will be underclocked like perviously posted. Then if you ever upgrade or buy a new system, you'lll have faster DDR400 to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom