cant update windows :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
might as well use good old fasioned dvd burner and dvd's

i wanna use xp pro, but i wanna do a clean install, not upgrade

im thinking i have a virus that zone alarm wont pick up

anything...i figured that much but just hooking it to the network wont mess it up if there arent viruses on it. I wouldnt let you either because it makes more work on us admin....just as a precaution...

but it doesnt matter if i hook up a monitor to it right?

if anything, it would just make the monitor's resolution lower than 1024*768

my laptop's video card only goes:
true color 640*480
high color 800*600
256 color 1024*768
i know, its sh****

talldude123 said:
download a file sharing program (there are lots out there) and download xp professional sp2

the problem is - i dont have an internet connection unless i get sp2. they wont let me on! how big is the file? perhaps i can download it somewhere else and install it from disk or cd.

is there any particular version of sp2 to get? mannn i feel so stupid asking these questions - im a recent (unemployed :mad:) IT grad!

Warez Monster said:
anything...i figured that much but just hooking it to the network wont mess it up if there arent viruses on it. I wouldnt let you either because it makes more work on us admin....just as a precaution...

dude how do you put that graphic in your posts? i tried to but couldnt figure out how.

Re: The Top 35 Torrent Sites of 2005

Warez Monster said:
Torrentreactor.to (Torrentreactor is making a comeback from a hijacking and an uncooperative hosting service. They have recently moved to a different server setup and a Tonga country domain outside the USA. Read the the details on their home page.)

Isohunt.com (this Canadian site is an alltime favorite for many torrent users. The administrator has been passionately defending his database against threats of civil lawsuits from the MPAA. His superhuman efforts have kept this database afloat and strong.)

Torrents.to (special thanks to reader Robert for this link)

Torr-bot.com

Torrent-damage.net (join now while there is space!)

Torrentportal.com

Torrentmatrix.com (October news: Torrentmatrix just cleaned out several thousand dormant accounts, and is accepting new members. Join now and try this site.)

TorrentTyphoon.com (a unique bittorrent meta-search engine that searches several of the most popular sites. Unfortunately, it does not do a good job categorizing the torrent files themselves)

Torrentz.com (special thanks to reader, Jonathan R., for this link)

The Pirate Bay (Pirate Bay is quickly becoming the favorite torrent search site of millions of P2P downloaders. Like Isohunt, Pirate Bay has an immense database of the latest torrents. Being in Europe, TPB has also managed to remain outside the prosecution influence of the MPAA and RIAA.)

LegalTorrents.com (As the name implies, this is a database of public-domain content. Thanks to Anand S. for this URL.)

Yotoshi.com (one of the more advanced, dead torrent filtering search engines )

bittorrent.com (the official Torrent website by Bram Cohen, the designer of the Python BitTorrent format.)

Bitoogle.com (the 'original' bittorrent search engine)

Bi-Torrent.com

MiniNova.org

Torrentspy.com

TvTorrents.com (Specializes in television shows)

TvTorrents.ws (More television shows)

HyperTorrent.com

are there any good ones for downloading books? i tried some and they're all coming up with 0 hits for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom