3 watercooling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they come with the odd plug you can pop the two wires out and put them in the correct plug which is nice and easy.
or you could do like me and force the two pin plug onto a 3 pin :p

this may sound strange but aslong as the water is flowing does it really matter how much restriction is caused by how many block/ components you put in the loop?
restriction will cause slower flow causing a hit in cooling performance.

Them kind go over the RAM chips and it adds more heat to the water for almost no overclocking gain
the RAM doesn't add any heat to the water at all...You lose cooling on the GPU because the block is so big instead of concentraded solely on the GPU.

Max - you really shouldn't get those full block GPU coolers.... you're better off with a MAZE4 for the GPU and getting some RAMsinks for the RAM...although RAM really doesn't even get hot enough to necessitate their use, they look pretty :p

That first pic you posted is restricted is hell with what looks like an RBX block, chipset block, GPU block, flow meter, y-splitters galore and god knows what else...hell it even looks like he's using 3/8" tubing as well as the 2nd pic you posted.

That reservoir in the 2nd pic is probably home made as it looks like it's housing a submerisble pump.

This is specialblends setup...he might have showed you already

3-9.jpg

3-8.jpg

He's got a TDX block, MAZE4 GPU, D4 pump and 2 120mm chrome black ice (I think) radiators.

This is mine: (although not as pretty as specialblends :p)

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/25117374143.jpg&s=x4
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=9/25117382334.jpg&s=x4

I have the same thing he's got except instead of using radiators I've got a heater core which uses 2 120mm fans and I modded it with 5/8" barbs

I only assume by your 'should I be cooling the mobo' you're referring to the chipset which no you don't need to water cool that.

You should really get nothing less than a TDX block for the CPU...if you want to mix it up you could go with RBX, but they are 3 barbs...one with water flowing in and the other 2 barbs have water flowing out and are connected with a y-splitter...can be more of a pain in the ass....besides those blocks if you wanted even better you'd be in a waiting list to get the block and pay some mad cash.

I would still personally suggest going with a single iwaki over two D5s as it simply seems more practical...but if you must use two D5s, I think it'd be better to seperate both of them and not put them right after each other...for example I'd put one right infront of the monstercore and then the best thing to do would probably be to put the second right after the monstercore that way flow isn't degraded after going through the heatercore fins

The only reservoirs that I have come to trust are the specific material made ones that dangerden sells that are guranteed not to crack...I know for a fact that acrylic has known to crack or leak over time

Would also recommend you scratch the full video card blocks and simply focus on the GPU, VRAM doesn't get hot enough to warrant water and they will degrade performance and increase resistance

but if you must use two D5s, I think it'd be better to seperate both of them and not put them right after each other...
agreed.

Specialblends reservoir busted on him once....luckily with that cube case though the leak wasn't anywhere near any components.

However he has shown me a pic in the past where his system completely leaked all over the motherboard and crap...surprisingly enough though the system survived lol.

I believe he said he was at a LAN and bam the computer shut down, looked in, and was wet :p

lol thanks?

But SpecialBlend was the one who tought me about watercooling, so the credit would really go to him.

Casemodgod created a thread calling him the 'water cooling guru' :p

http://dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=51&cat=27&page=1

^That's the reservoir I use and uses the material I was referring to earlier, High-Density Polyethylene

Some of the configurations you have listed are REALLY REALLY confusing and I can't even follow some of them, but trust me, when you actually get your equipment and are setting it up, you don't want Y splitters and tubing running here and there...best thing IMO:

Pump > heatercore > Pump > CPU block > GPU block 1 > GPU block 2 > Reservoir

You don't need more than one reservoir, it's only really there for filling/bleeding purposes and having more than one reservoir will no doubt restict flow as the water isn't moving in the reservoir

Also IMO it is best to have the reservoir above your pump, that way gravity can be used to funnel the water from the res into the pump

ok this is what i got my options down to.....
no "Y" splitters in either.
a 1 loop version and 2 loop version.

SETUP6x.jpg

==============================================

SETUP5x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom