How to configure my firewire connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

How do I tranfer files from my laptop(Win XP Pro) to my home computer(Win XP Home) using Firewire. I can't seem to find anywhere to configure the connection. I need to transfer the beta version of Vista onto my home computer. :D

Connect your system lan to lan not through the firewire port: Run a local are network setup on both computers. Use norton ghost to transfer your os.

Edit: nevermind using ghost. Once you have a Lan then just trasfer in the installation files to the PC.

Is it possible to use Firewire to transfer the files though? Firewire transfer should be faster than a 100Mbps LAN connection.

shortstop20 said:
Is it possible to use Firewire to transfer the files though? Firewire transfer should be faster than a 100Mbps LAN connection.

yes but you got to hook it up to each other

Yes I realize that....LOL. I had the cable hooked up to BOTH computers. I just couldn't figure out how to access the C: on my laptop from my home computer so that I can transfer the files.
How can it be so hard to answer one question?

you right click the drive and select share. RicoDirenzo already told you to run the network setup wizard, so we figured you already had the answer.

I don't see anywhere in the Network Setup Wizard that allows me to configure a Firewire connection between 2 computers so that I can transfer files?

IEEE 1394 shows up on my computer connections when I run the network set up wizard. I click the "ignore disconnected hardware" option since I don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom