3 watercooling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubuis we need to run my Laings and get some data...
WHO ARE YOU!? What's this SpecialBlend character doing invading my safe house!? :p

I thought you only had one spare one, you talking about using your current one PLUS that spare one or what?

But yeah I'm just getting confused reading all this and looking at all the charts...as has been said though there's been no official testing so basically no matter who you ask it'll be pure speculation.

Best one to get would be a good rheobus that allows 20w per channel, that is more than enough for two Panflos/Denkis etc. but not enough for a Delta...I would personally limit your 120mm rad fans to one channel...and IMO two high CFM rated 38mm thick 120mms are enough for a bonneville
The fans that SB and I have (infact, I owe him two fans since he gave me these 2......speaking of which last time I checked gold mine they didn't have that box of 120mms anymore!) our fans are like 10.5w each at max at 130CFM...soooo technically even 2 of these will go over the rated 20w of a rheobus.

What are the sig limits? Sorry about that
468x120 are the limits.

so for my quad core what fans would i want to use, I am trying to keep this al very quiet.
deltas stealth series I guess (believe that's what they are called) they have low dba because of course they have a really low RPM also of course meaning they have low flow for fans.

Regardless though with 4 of them going it'll probably be a decent little 'hummmm' you'll have.

MAXIMILIAN said:
so for my quad core what fans would i want to use, I am trying to keep this al very quiet.

All depends on your level of quite. I'm running 5 of THESE in my case right now and the sound isn't to bad when they're cranked all the way down with my fan controller. One downside is you will have to solder plugs for the fans since they don't come with plugs or they come with a odd 2 pin plug that won't fit. If they come with the odd plug you can pop the two wires out and put them in the correct plug which is nice and easy.

THIS would be another great recommendation to they are little quiter then mine but still can produce great performance.

These two fans won't perform as well but they are still good and look alot better.
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556058373.html
http://www.coolerguys.com/840556014478.html

what you guys think?

SETUP1.jpg

EEEK!!

Skip that clear res and pick another or go with a T-line. That res with a lot of flow is bad. It will suck air into the loop. Skip the inline temp monitor and the other thermalcrap res. The reservoir has aluminum and is just waiting for corrosion. Also the two have very small fittings which will result in a major bottleneck and reduce performance. You only need one res or T line too, they only purpose is to trap and bleed air. Also weren't you getting the TDX block?

Im not sure on the block yet so i just found a pic :)

-I like the look of those round res's , are there any that are good?

-why ditch the temp monitor?

-Thermalcrap lol :D, (but it looks so coooool ) :)

Just get a normal Dual 5.25 bay res. You can get them in several colors. Also if you want you can put a T line in with the res for easy filling instead of sliding the res in and out to fill it when it gets low. I just don't like your GPU waterblocks.... Them kind go over the RAM chips and it adds more heat to the water for almost no overclocking gain..... Buy a smaller block and buy some small RAM sinks with thermal adheasive if you wan't the RAM cooled.....

this may sound strange but aslong as the water is flowing does it really matter how much restriction is caused by how many block/ components you put in the loop?

looking @

inside.jpg

and what is this res?

IMG_2531.jpg

should i be cooling my mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom