how do i overclock my processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

honor man

Baseband Member
I dont even know if it's possible with mine but ill ask anyway. My system is a Dell Dimension 4400 with a P4 1.7 GHz. Thanks again!

before you overclock if you can even overclock check your temps are ok and your ram has a bit of room in upping the fsb. Then read the sticky and think about it. Always think about the next milestone in overclocking because you will regret killing your cpu.

Always monitor temps and run prime 95.

Yeh, too right everyone needs to start somewhere, yeh I would definatly monitor temperatures before going anywhere, speedfan is a good piece of software to monitor, if theyre below 30 then its ok 30 and above youre in danger of an overheat and instability!

waynejkruse10 said:
before you overclock if you can even overclock check your temps are ok and your ram has a bit of room in upping the fsb. Then read the sticky and think about it. Always think about the next milestone in overclocking because you will regret killing your cpu.

Always monitor temps and run prime 95.
thats good advice but is a dell you cant o/c it just like any other premade system

Nikkon said:
Honestly, if you have to ask how to overclock you shouldn't overclock.

so you knew how to overlclock from birth? because if not you learned to do it at some point too. instead of looking up tutorials i came here to ask you guys. wtf are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom