I finally Ordered All Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
It will help, althogh the magnitude of this engine will pretty much render all of today's hardware obsolete.

I would not say obsolete, it will bring them down from the top but it sure isn't going to be obsolete. Even the 6800GT will probably play it pretty good. The games haven't even come out yet and you say that hardware today is going to be obsolete. Untill some actual games come out we will not be sure.

It would be a horrible buisness move for Epic to do such a thing and people who bought that engine also would not want to have their games to a select few.

Well, it will play on GeForce 6 and 7 hardware, but only if you consider playing it being 1024x768 or lower, combination of low/medium settings, no HDR, and no soft shadows. Textures will definately have to be set to low on GeForce 6 hardware because get this, they are rendered at a resolution of 2048x2048! Compare that to the 256x256 textures provided by Doom 3.

Plus, UT2007 is going to be marketted primarily for the Xbox360. It will be a reward to be able to play it on the PC.

I think it's an excellent build. Great group of components and i'm sure it will eat through all newer games.

The only thing i'm sratching my head about is your choice in Cases.

I've built PC's with that case and don't get me wrong it's a nice simple case. But, it's honestly better suited for a low budget build.
A build that is Like $800 - $1000. Just a web/email/simple PC.

You're putting some serious components into that build. I would have personally gone with a better case.

NOW, yes... cases are just a matter of personal preference, i'm just stating mine. The good thing is, when you realize that i'm right, you can easily buy a new case and rebuild your components into it without any problem...

Anyway... good luck...

I would look at moving up to the asus a8n premium over the deluxe for the few bucks difference, alot more features for the 4 bucks more at
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131540#DetailSpecs
plus no fan on the mother board to go bad.
youwannaknow.jpg

Scrath the 4800+ and pick up an Opteron 165 or 170 as they will offer a far better price/performance ratio than the 4800+/180...Opterons will generally use better tested memory controllers and silicon and will perform better in overall enviroments

Scratch the XMS and stick with value RAM unless you are overclocking in which case I would only further stress you scratch the XMS...it's overpriced memory which differs absolutely no way from value RAM in real world performance...I'd personally go with OCZ for any memory as they have amazing tech support

And scratch the Asus and get yourself a DFI Ultra-D...much better board, much better tech support, and you'll save a ton of money in not paying for an SLI chipset

To late to make any last minute changes as components other than the mother board have already shipped and started to arrive. For the motherboard I built my system around the ASUS specs, not sure how changing the MB will affect component compatability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom