1 - Sony Floppy Drive
1 - XFX 7800GTX OC (490MHz/1300MHz)
1 - X-Fi Extreme Music Sound Card
1 - Logitec 5500 Surround Sound Speakers
1 - 2 Gb Corsair XMS3500LL Pro
1 - Samsung 930B LCD
1 - Windows XP w/SP2
1 - Antec TrueControl 550W PS

This is what I am using for my first build. This system should kick A** for a while. What do you think??

I will go to 64bit OS when vista is released, and then I will purchase 2 more Gb of Ram and maybe another Video card for SLI or a PhysX card depending on the software available to support it.

You won't need 4gb ram, it will slow your system down, 2.5 gb at the max until it's really required, why did you get xfx? they are known bad quality products, I thought some of the members here would have told you to get eVGA or leadtek, but I guess not. I have no rag on XFX it's just from what I've heard on multiple forums, they die easily, and their warranties are crap.

Other then that, nice system, should last you a good long time. ( next christmas or more)

actually xfx has like a fool proof warranty, which attempts to make up for the not so greatly made card. It's got like a double lifetime warranty.

XFX states that their warrenty repairs and services the card as long as I own it. All I have to do is register it on thier site. That sound good to me. I did not hear that XFX is crap, It had recieved good reviews in all articles I read about it.

I've heard mixed things about XFX. They were terrible back in the GeForce FX days, and I have also heard bad things about their 6600GT. Im not sure how they are on their higher end cards though. This computer will easily own every game until Unreal Tournament 2007 is released on Unreal Engine 3, which then it will be a whole new ballgame for us all.

Your system will handle UT 2007 just fine. There is no way Epic is going to make the system specs so high. UT is a community game and they will not make it so only a few can actually play it. Yes I have seen the screen shots but those are probably maxed out on an über computer.

this goes for the companies that use the Unreal Engine 3.0 for their games as well.

Beefcake said:
Your system will handle UT 2007 just fine. There is no way Epic is going to make the system specs so high. UT is a community game and they will not make it so only a few can actually play it. Yes I have seen the screen shots but those are probably maxed out on an über computer.

this goes for the companies that use the Unreal Engine 3.0 for their games as well.

It will really help to have a 64-bit OS, because UT2007 will make full use of it and only a 64-bit OS will be able to play it with full textures.

So upgrading to window Vista when its available will pretty much do the trick then since it will be 64 bit

WWS said:
So upgrading to window Vista when its available will pretty much do the trick then since it will be 64 bit

It will help, althogh the magnitude of this engine will pretty much render all of today's hardware obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom