Window Driver issues with Video Card help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

97BBlackZ

Baseband Member
Video card is a eVGA 128-P2-N368-TX Geforce 6600GT 128MB
and we installed a Omega driver 1st.

We just build the computer. Everything worked fine but while i was playing games painkiller, far cry, ect. after awhile it would flicker to a blue screen and then restart (did this more then once).

I'm not sure what the blue screen said since it was so fast i couldnt read it.

It sent a windows report and told me to download this file 71.89_win2kxp_english. Then i went to play pain killer and it would give me the message that a problem occured with the game and it had to close. Then went to play far cry and it was lagging REALLY bad.
So i went back and tried to install the omega driver. I did that and now it is running slow still and wont go to anything past 1280x960 resolution. If i do the screen goes black for a min or to and the buttons on my monitor flicker and it comes back on with the same resolution i was just on. THEN i reinstalled the other driver windows told me to and same thing..
Whats the problem with this thing?! and how do i fix it!! i want to game!

download driver cleaner pro, follow the instructions.

But before you started messing with the drivers it would go to a blue screen while playing?

What are the rest of your components and, are all the games updated by patch? Also what is your cooling setup? How many fans etc etc.

Uninstall all video drivers and clean the registry of all Nvidia keys. Reboot and download drivers from www.nvidia.com. The only other issue may be that that video card is defective, which I doublt. It sounds like you have attempted to install new video drives wihtout uninstalling the previous ones!!

Ste said:
download driver cleaner pro, follow the instructions.

But before you started messing with the drivers it would go to a blue screen while playing?

What are the rest of your components and, are all the games updated by patch? Also what is your cooling setup? How many fans etc etc.

Yes

Windows ex home edition, AMD 3200+ Venice Core CPU, MSI K8N NEo4-F Motherboard Pci-e, NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A, CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR, eVGA 128-P2-N368-TX Geforce 6600GT 128MB, CASE and Power supply that came with it. It running on the fans that came witht he case. 120 mm in the back and theres one on the side of the case. I havent seen the case temp go above 75f normally its around 70 or 60ish inside the case.

That might be it. My friend built it for me. I didnt know you had to uninstall the old drives but i will do that and see what happens. I can uninstall them with the driver cleaner right??

It will run far cry in that resolution but not put windows in that resolution..

Please follow instructions, you have to uninstall the drivers from control panel, then you activate Driver cleaner pro and it deletes whatever is left over. I think you also have to go into device manager and uninstall the card from there. But following the intructions that come with it, they are better.

Just google it, the program is free, I used it when I changed video cards.

Also: Power supplies that come with cases are very crappy so it may be insufficent when under load. So tell us the specifications of the PSU, Watts, Rails, Amps. Anything you can see.

Ste said:
Please follow instructions, you have to uninstall the drivers from control panel, then you activate Driver cleaner pro and it deletes whatever is left over. I think you also have to go into device manager and uninstall the card from there. But following the intructions that come with it, they are better.

Just google it, the program is free, I used it when I changed video cards.

Also: Power supplies that come with cases are very crappy so it may be insufficent when under load. So tell us the specifications of the PSU, Watts, Rails, Amps. Anything you can see.

450watts PS2 ATX12V SATA Ready Power Supply
It came witht he case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811156175
That one.

I just downloaded and im going to try to follow the instructionts the best i can.

alright i did what it said but i couldnt find the disply adapters int he device manager and they werent there.

So i ran it and then it said remove everything in recycle ben and restart. There wasnt anythign in it.

I restarted installed the driver and now it wont even connect to the internet...???

Its like it doesnt even try. When i pull up the Internet explore it just goes straight to the page can not be displyed screen and aim or anything else wont connect.

Also after installing the driver it came back up and said new hardware noticed or w.e. I dont remember what it said but it wasa more then one. PCI something.

I don't know why you can't use internet now, but reinstall the drivers for your ethernet Card or Port. Whether its an expansion card or onboard.

Look in device manager, pull down all + boxes till you find you VGA adapter.

then refollow instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom