Laptop Fan Add-on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis2262

Baseband Member
Well after spending 250 on gettin a new harddrive for my laptop because the people at computer geeks said that was the reason why it was overheating...my laptop is still overheating and cutting off in like 30 minutes..I think i read on here somewhere that you could buy a add-on cooling fan or something?...Anybody know??

I found a couple on Best Buy's site, but I don't know if they carry them in their stores.

Online would be your best bet.

Best Buy does sell them in most of the stores that I have been in. I think most people suggest online because we can't bear to spend the prices that a place like Best Buy would mark up to!

The ones that I think work the best would be the ones that you just sit your laptop on. the are about 1 inch thick, and have 1-2 fans that blow onto the processor area (hopefully!) The have always seemed to work fairly well.

I think $10-$20 is a pretty good estimate.

Boonie45 said:
Best Buy does sell them in most of the stores that I have been in. I think most people suggest online because we can't bear to spend the prices that a place like Best Buy would mark up to!

The ones that I think work the best would be the ones that you just sit your laptop on. the are about 1 inch thick, and have 1-2 fans that blow onto the processor area (hopefully!) The have always seemed to work fairly well.

I think $10-$20 is a pretty good estimate.

Are they actually worth the money? My laptop cut off two times on me last night...It's getting annoying

You know...they actually work fairly well. It really depends on what you use your laptop for, I think. If you usually use your laptop on a desk somewhere, or you don't mind lugging around the extra weight with the cooler, then it is a pretty good investment.

They do drop the temperature of the laptop quite a bit. If nothing else, they lift the laptop up off of the surface...which is usually what most laptops need anyway! Most overheating issues that are not caused by massive hardware problems are solved by adding something like these pads.

I would say these are worth the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom