Won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
Hey, i usually have my computer on for long periods of time. Last night i decided to turn it off and this morning won't boot up.

I start it up, it comes to the black and white bottom progression bar and that gets to the end then pauses and does nothing. If i try in safe mode, it lists my drivers but when it gets to agp440.sys (My graphics card driver) it pauses again.

Can someone help, i think i've had this problem before but got a shop to fix it. Stupid me forgot to ask what the problem was.

thanks

and how do i do that if i cannot get into windows? i looked it up briefly and saw i need to be able to boot windows to use them.

Tried last known good configuration, did the same thing, paused. Cannot boot in safe mode either, freezes as i said when it gets to agp440.sys in my driver list.

thanks

did u try removing the graphics card and booting with the onboard video?

Ahh ok well no onboard graphics on my motherboard, but did take out the graphics card without knowing this, place her back in and now she is working fine. Cheers.

another thing, stupid me, when putting the graphics card back in i forgot to hook up the power from the psu to it, but it still booted perfectly? whats up with that?

thanks a lot guys!

Alright well 5 minutes after posting my good news, computer restarted itself, and booted ... and paused again, taking it to a computer shop tomorrow. Ill reply with the problem just in case any one else needs help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom