video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam123 said:
Yeah go with the GT. I think I heard somwhere that the 5500 doesnt even USE all of the 256. I could be mistaken though.

You're right. The 5500 doesn't have the clockspeeds OR the pipelines to use all 256MB.

yeah, the FX series was kindof a joke they hoped people would bite on. I mean, for their time I'm sure they did what they needed, but the excess ram is for the people that read '256MB' and think, "OH! That's one of the BEST video cards! And for HOW MUCH? You gotta deal!"

Ryan

wedgeofcheese said:
I am looking to upgrade
I would like to upgrade my HP Digital Entertainment Center z540's video card. I simply would like to upgrade for a better gaming experience. The video card I am looking at is the eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT CO 256MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, VIVO. I have recently looked inside the z540 and it appears that this particular card will not fit, or will it? To me it doesnÂ’t look like it will fit inside the computer, but that is my question...will it fit? Also if the card does not fit are there compact versions of the card on the market and if not, would it be possible to purchase a regular pc case and transfer my HP z540's components to that one?

Thanks
Samuel

Well, first. Does your computer have the right slot? It must have a PCI-E, not just PCI. Second, you most likely will be able to transfer to another case, but you should find out what size case you need. When you upgrade to the better card, you may also need to upgrade your PS, so keep that in mind as well. And finally, I don't think they make compacted verisons of the 6600Gt; atleast, not yet.....

EDIT: Wow, when I frist started to post this wedgeofcheese was the last poster.....It's a wonder what can happen while you type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom