Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What of Windows OneCare they are aprouching a final version soon I think they are at 0.8.2

Well my OneCare whuch is up to date is at 0.8.0794.38 currently. I just updated this morning when i got home from work.

As for the cost of Vista we dont know as of yet. there has ben talk that it will start as low as $99 USD but nothing has been confirmed yet.

As for the Vista Dec CTP i have new info that says that the Dec CTP will not be build 5268 like previously thought. they are currently in-house building and testing 5270. But that doesnt mean we will get that build. It is believed to be either build 5262 or build 5268 that will be given out. But nothing is know for sure at this time. the only thing that is known is that it wont be released for 2 weeks or so. Right before the XMas holiday hits.

Tyler1989 said:
If you do not update you will be lost in time. The newest features besides avolon and indigo are Longhorn only, Office 12, New Software. Look There is a new .net framework for Longhorn only new software will use this framework and then all of the 2000 and XP users will be left behind eventually if they wait, wouldn't you want to continue using all that great software. There is no doubt in my mind Win2000 will be discontinued like 95-ME after all it's almost over 5 years old. Office 12 is taking a new step and will only be for Longhorn and higher don't you want microsoft office, sure open office is good but it cannot touch microsoft office. Heck even the piraters can't use this office untill they upgrade. If these requirments stop you from getting longhorn prepair to be left behind.

My mistake XP and Server 2003 will get the .net2.0 in service packs when Longhorn is released but still 2000 will be left behind.

==============

Stop telling people they will be left behind. Windows 98 stills works programs. Microsoft is not going to make everyone buy Vista, and then make then by new version of every software they had on XP or priior. They wont do this for a few reasons, lawsuits out the ass, money (they want $ only way to get that is to persue people to buy a product, if they think they have to spend hindreds on new software, they wont upgade the OS.)

Microsoft HAS to make both hardware and software compatible with a new OS. Many lawsuits have kept Microsoft from expanding their monopoly by not allowing them to keep certain software and hardware from working on their OS's.

People:
you will not be left behind if you keep XP. yes you wont have the lastest, but it will still be supported and the most widely used OS for a long time.

Im almost positive they will lower the standards for hardware for Vista, or make a less demanding version, or Dell wouldnt be selling all these 1.8 GHz pc's like they are. I speak from experience, as I am a network techitian as my part time for a 2000+ and 2000+ computer corporation.

dont let him tell you YOU WILL BE BEHIND IN TIME IF YOU DONT UPGRADE, YOU WONT

and in another post, you said that you guess its a good time to build a new system bc of the new system requirements and we should so the same, that is the dumbest thing i have ever seen anyone post. if i just bought a 2000 dollar sysytem and its just under the requirements, i should spend more to fit the need of anew OS? while my computer is top of the line?

lol

Makaveli213 said:
Well my OneCare whuch is up to date is at 0.8.0794.38 currently. I just updated this morning when i got home from work.

As for the cost of Vista we dont know as of yet. there has ben talk that it will start as low as $99 USD but nothing has been confirmed yet.

As for the Vista Dec CTP i have new info that says that the Dec CTP will not be build 5268 like previously thought. they are currently in-house building and testing 5270. But that doesnt mean we will get that build. It is believed to be either build 5262 or build 5268 that will be given out. But nothing is know for sure at this time. the only thing that is known is that it wont be released for 2 weeks or so. Right before the XMas holiday hits.

Vista @ 99 USD, omg what are you thinking? I will bet you a million dollars its much higher than that, XPP isnt even that low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom