20 degrees ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
hi i was going to install water cooling is it what is the average cooling gain over air cooling??

usually from around ambient + 10 for a good air cooler

usually from around ambient + 5 for water cooling

right now ...... my syste mruns about 98 idle and 127 full load ...... my goal is to cut 20 degress but i wanna know if wc will do that

i like it coool.... so you thin kit will give me those kinda drops or should i jsut air cool ... because ive looked into vaporchange cooling and thats crazy cold......:D

Water has a HUGE impact on GPU temperature as far as I'm concerned. My 6800GT load is generally mid 50s compared to what would probably be 80s on air...CPU isn't that much cooler than a good aftermarket heatsink but it's still worth it IMO

Plus this is with my fans on about half their full speed

I should point out that some liquid cooling systems such as packages like the Bigwater are absolute crap and good air cooling should be able to top them

Room temps around here are about 65 degrees F.

My computer used to run at total stock cooling, the CPU was overheating crazily at stock speeds with AS5. My GPU was idling at around 40 degrees.

I found no reason why I should go with watercooling while my room temperature isn't exactly high. I got a copper heatpipe TOWER from thermaltake, my CPU now idle's at 31C and runs full load at 45. I replaced my GPU used to IDLE at 50C with BFG HSF, after my NV Silencer, my computer is MUCH quieter, and my GPU temperatures lowered about 10 degrees C, of course I also used AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom