Chipsets, how much difference is there??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnewt427

Baseband Member
I have been looking at new motherboards, and the slew of Chipsets they come with, Interested in intel chipsets only, I have been to intel's website and have read up on them, but how much difference is there in the real world, as far as speed is concerned. I know alot of them offer different configurations as far as supporting certain things, onboard video, # of usb ports, but as far as like a 865p vs. and 875P or a 845GV vs. a 865PE, is there that big of a difference in speed, lets just say your going to run a 2.6Ghz. processor with a 533 FSB, forget about the hyperthreading and dual channel memory, they will just be added bonuses. The computer will be set up with all the basics nothing fancy, like serial ATA, or RAID, tell me what you think.

first the 875p is compared to the 865pe which are bro and sister chipsets. 875p is the best chipset on the market and the 865pe although aimed for budget users i have to say the second best and is some what cheaper than the 75. If your running with a 2.6 533 the 865pe would be ur best bet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom