Noob needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondy

Solid State Member
Hi, Im going to be buying a new pc soon and need some help with what to buy.

The end result I want is that it can play FEAR and (new)The Eldar Scrolls: Oblivion

What do i need?????

Ive got till next year before oblivion comes out.

(Please try to put it in relevant terms, im interested in specs not xgtu PcoS aLSjI crap)

Thank you in advance.

How much are you willing to spend.

Do you need a moniter and speakers also?

For a complete build that will last for some time you will need at least 1200$: 1500 or more being preferable.

Just a new core system, if I get new accessories ill have a look around but my first hurdle is the core system.

Well im looking for:
4GHz(AMD), Top FSB(2000/1600MTs???), 4GB RAM, 200GB (S ATA), GeForce 7800 GT 256MB....Anything else i should be getting??(no need for sound card)

So in all about $1200-$1800 (£600-£1000)

well FSB is really the only thing I care about on a motherboard, SLi/PCi express is a basic now and have taken that into account.

4gb of ram is useless and slows a system down. I'll try to put a build for you later... but I'm getting ready to head out the door.

Ryan

Why would more ram slow the system down???

I'll start with 2GB then if i need more ill buy some.

So the main specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 4000+
Asus Premium nForce4 SLi PCI-Express Motherboard
Corsair 2GB(2x1GB) DDR 3200
GeForce 7800 GT OC 256MB
Maxtor 200GB SATA

Would this be any good to play high end games??

The more RAM A system has, the slower its clock cycle gets, thus making it slower. I don't know exactly why, But I do know that RAM downclocks itself when in mass quantities.

believe us when we say youll be fine with 2 GB.

but would you say that the specs up in my other post will do me good???
or is there any other parts i might need?

just to clerify, an amd athelon 64 4000+ CPU is not 4 ghz, 4 gb's of ram is stupid as it will slow you down. Maxtor hard drive are crap, get seagate or western digital as they have better warranties and arn't crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom