Which card(s)? 2x7800GT 256 MB, 7800 GTX 512 MB, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 6600GT runs BF2 and F.E.A.R. on med.

UT2K7 looks awesome, no doubt about it. At its best, its Final Fantasy the movies' graphics. But the specs needed to run it are overrated. In any case, a $209 6800GS will run it a mix of Low + Mid settings.

How do you think high settings are going to require a PhysX card just by looking at the screenies.

Because if something not much better than my GT will do a mix of low and mid settings then a 7800GTX cant be that much better. What a mix of med and high? So im thinking maxed settings w/ AA and AF 1600x1200 will require next gen cards and physx cards.

Woops i was wrong, misread some info. Yea 2x 7800GTX 256mb in SLI should be able to run it on med/high but without HDR or soft shadows. Sorry for my incorrect information. I apologize.

UT2007 will really need a G80 series card to run at a resolution higher than 1024x768 with the settings cranked up. I think a 7800GT will give you a mix of low/med settings at 1280x1024 or med/high at 1024x768. And forget about HDR and soft shadows with today's cards.

If this game is as demanding as rumoured, you will see a big increase in Xbox360 sales and PC gaming will become in even more danger than it already is.

Face it, no computer today will be able to play UT2007 in its full glory. We will ALL need new systems when that monster of a game is released. If you try to build a system for UT2007 now, even if you get 2 7800GTX 512MB and an X2 4800+ and 4GB of RAM, you still will be dissapointed when you get UT2007, crank up the settings to 1280x1024 4x AA, and it is a slideshow.

I seriously doubt the above information.

Although I agree that the 360 will be a must to play it at max :) Not to mention for $360.

lol I can't believe people are actually thinking that you need the two cadillac cards in SLI to play on low settings...did my little SLI comparison not teach you anything? SLI offers average 30-40% benefits over a single card...by that as a comparison, you guys are suggesting that two 7800Ultras will only be able to play low settings with no more than 40-50FPS

Ridiculous...just ridiculous, how exactly do you guys think they developed and tested this game if the hardware to play it on supposedly doesn't exist? It also wouldn't be very smart to release a game that can't play on 95% of computers period and can only play barely on $3000 machines, now would it?

maxed settings w/ AA and AF 1600x1200
This is more realistic but still very much of an overstatement...at such a high resolution you really don't need AA and AF as the picture should be clear enough already

gaara said:
It also wouldn't be very smart to release a game that can't play on 95% of computers period and can only play barely on $3000 machines, now would it?

That is on TODAY'S machines. By the time UT2007 is released we will have the G80 core, socket M2, physics cards, and you should be able to build a PC that will play UT2007 decently for under $2000. As for playing it on today's systems with the settings cranked up? Its not happening!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but in the future, when new OS's like Vista come out, and developers learn to take full advantage of SLI, won't it increase performance by a heck of a lot? I know now SLI is a huge waste of money and i wouldn't even consider getting 2 cards for one system, but in the future, i'm sure the performance increase will be incredible.

..........I hate these threads...all speculation by people who don't know crap. No I don't claim to know crap because I'm not a developer for the game either....heres the closest and probably most realistic expectations of the game specs found here:

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/singlepost.php?id=8914

minimum: 2.8GHz, 512mb Ram,Geforce6
for high details: 3-4GHz, 1Gb Ram, Nvidia 6800GT/ultra or 7800GT/GTX SLI
Dual-core Processor use: Multi-Threading is supported and should provide much better performance.
64 Bit version available with better textures
Renderers: Shader-3.0, Fallback-Mode for Shader 2.0 maybe a dx8 renderer.
HDR: yes
physics: Novodex-Physik-Engine.
Ageias PhysX Processor supported.

Quite far from 'ZOMG 7800GTX/SLI WILL GIVE YOU LOW SETTINGS!' that some of you are spouting out.

Those specs are also for top of the top...meaning maxed out resolution, plenty of AA, HDR, all other tiny tidbits of graphic goodness that you could possibly get.....ok....you can do the same thing in FEAR, however it'll still look just as good with it at say 2x AA, smaller resolution, etc..etc...

It'll no doubt be a demanding game, and it looks as though they'll make use of the PhysX and all that, but all this kiddy speculation and rumors going around are just freakin stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom