Wireless mouse/keyboard for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
Is a wireless mouse and keyboard good for gaming? I'm not a real hardcore gamer, i only play games like medal of honor, and RTS games, call of duty, etc.

so will i notice a lag or anything for my type of gaming?

I dont see why you should. there built for having no lag... I think. Unless your half way across the room playing the computer, you should be fine.

sorry to burst the bubble boys. Wireless equipment is renound for it's lag in performance. Get yourself a wired mouse. If you want a gaming mouse, expect to spend around 40+ dollars. Wireless has a very noticable delay, but it does improve as you spend more and more money.

Ryan

Don't be so sure, learning is relative :).

Today's high-end wireless equipment, like the MX1000, and a few keyboards, are made for gaming. Some people claim to feel lag, but I don't know how you can sense a 1/1000th of a second lag, I just don't.

Granted the MX1000 costs $50, and a keyboard would cost around there also, but don't say that all wireless is laggy.

Hahah i just buy ones with long wires. I dont mind, and its alot easier on your wallet.

Yea, I don't mind wires either. I have the MX518 myself and I love it.

But the difference between wireless and wired is like LCDs and CRTs. You can't notice ghosting on a 4-8ms LCD, just like you can't notice lag on a wireless mouse/keyboard.

Yes, this is a mixed subject. Some people with quality wireless dont notice any issues gaming , whereas some people swear that wired is still the only way to go. I guess you could get the mx1000 and let us know. Or just get a mx518 and be sure about it. I personaly dont have any issues with the wire at the end of my Mx510.
Cheers.

I would get the MX1000 if I could afford it (I can obviously afford it, but no use in spending an extra $20 when the MX518 is excellent on its own).

You can do a 10-min speedcharge on the MX1000 that lasts for a whole day of gaming, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom