Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Oct CTP was build 5231 also. there was a leaked version that came out before it was released to MSDN. The Oct CTP had a build date of 10042005 while the leaked version had a build date of 09182005. The leaked version was the winmain while hte one released was the IDX. So yes they were 2 seperate versions of the same build.
The leaked Winmain build was a nuked ISO that someone got thier hands on and manually patched it. It installed but had lots of problems. while the IDX was offically released it didnt have as many problems. It did have a few problems but not as many as the leaked version.

Remember a long time ago when I claimed that Windows Vista will only support signed drivers and if your driver isn't signed it will not work. Well That stirred up a few arguments but this time I actually have a screenshot from Beta 1 (5112). It was removed on the October CTP and I never got the September CTP so I am not sure if it is included on that build.

signed_driver.png

Yes i remember seeing that screen. But if i remember you were stating that they could not be installed if they were not digitally signed at all. Even in your screen shot it says "Install Now" or "Dont Install" So that goes to show you that even though the drivers are not digitally signed by M$ you can still install them. That is what i was trying to say. M$ can force everyone to digitally sign all drivers. They can give errors but they have to allow them to install.

Aww man I think vista is going to be the equivilant to a robot and only MS will have the remote to control what it does.

Very true but it also says in bold

It will not work in the shipping version of longhorn.

Doesn't that mean there will be no option to install in the final product?

Tyler1989 said:
Very true but it also says in bold

It will not work in the shipping version of longhorn.

Doesn't that mean there will be no option to install in the final product?

Well since the shipping version will not be called Longhorn i dont think that will be a problem.:p Remember the name got changed to Windows Vista. Longhorn is just the codename. Also the EULA still says Longhorn. So some changes still have to be made. I dont think that Vista will force you to have digitally signed drivers. Even XP doesnt have that. It gives you the warning but you can still install them.

As for Vista being a robot with M$ holding the remote. Vista will be **** close.:D

I'm still not sure on that topic I guess all we can do is wait for the release canidates / final product and hope.

Microsoft have just revealed to those on their Partnership Promotion program, that the Vista December CTP will be build 5268.

Along with this, Microsoft have posted Screenshots and a Video which you can find at AeroXP.

Compared to Build 5259, the build shows a few minor UI changes, and also shows Windows AntiSpyware under its new name - Windows Defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom