AMD based barebones kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
So, I want to make a switch to an AMD processor and ran across this barebones kit.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1592094&Sku=M450-2018 F

It looks like a good deal to me. I get an AMD Athlon 64 3700 (2.4 Ghz) and 1 GB of PC3200 RAM. Does this look like a good deal for $310 (after rebate)?

Is there anything in this package that may not be up to par or low quality? I would eventually want to overclock this system.

Speaking of overclocking, is the CPU temp sensor inside the CPU? If so, should this AMD have one?

It ain't bad, but don't bank on getting a rebate from tiferDirect.

Trotter said:
It ain't bad, but don't bank on getting a rebate from tiferDirect.
What's another good site to get barebones kits from? I haven't really looked around.

you don't need it to be in barebones form. Just shop at newegg and piece it together yourself. It takes all of 3 seconds to install a processor into a motherboard.

Ryan

NO way he's going to build a comparable PC for less that $310.

I might just recommend that to my friend. He's in the market for a $500 PC, and that sounds freakin awesome. Rebate has me worried though.

Don't see a hard drive.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
you don't need it to be in barebones form. Just shop at newegg and piece it together yourself. It takes all of 3 seconds to install a processor into a motherboard.

Ryan
I know. But, it's like Flanker said, it's hard to find a case, motherboard, CPU, keyboard, mouse, and 1 gig of RAM for $310.

OpticalIllusion said:
Is there anything in this package that may not be up to par or low quality? I would eventually want to overclock this system.

All that is low quality ;) It's all old socket 754 so you won't be upgrading to a 7800 or the like's :(

It's okay, but... I'd really get a s939, your upgrade ability is cut really short without PCI express and 939 socket mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom