Recovering data from a HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamjero

Solid State Member
My old computer is blue screening still and after quite a bit of research Im sure it was some windows updates that caused it. I went to a couple mom and pop pc stores and they said they have had a total of 7 or 8 people come in with the same problem. They told me to reformat the drive.

A friend of mine said I could plug the hard drive into another computer to retrieve my data. I have never done this before and I dont want to mess up my girlfriends computer. Does anyone know if this will work? I already looked in her case and the IDE ribbon that goes from the HD to the MOBO only has two plugs. (one on each end) so I will have to change it to one that also has one in the middle. Is it ok to unplug her HD and then plug another IDE ribbon?

yes it is ok, but you have to change the jumpers on the hard drive so that your HD is set to slave(S or SL) and your girlfriends is set to master(M or MS)

refering to what Soloman02 said you dont need to unplug your girfriend's HD only add your HD on since there'r people who go with two HD on their comp. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom