Time is running out!- comp wont load windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobo

Beta member
Hello, Every time i try to re-install windows with the recovery disk, at varying points it goes blue screen (memory dump) and install fails. I have re-formated quick ntfs, but could not do long format cause it crashed. Temp is about 82, no more than 84. Geek squad on thier way tommorrow because fiancee is sick of waiting for me to fix it. The computer origionaly was rebooting with a mem dump sometimes so i figured i would re-do from scratch and format/re-install. Any ideas apreciated! will be working on it tonight and checking in :)

Cobo

Well if its not dead already, Geek Squad will finish it off tomorrow. :)

could be alot of things, try to install with the bare necessities.and go from there.

Ok- i fixed it, i think (for now). The temperature reading is on the front of the case and was in F. I now know to check the bios for the cpu temp. Here is what happened. I cleaned off the heatsink on the cpu (wich was caked with dust) and was then able to install everything (svspk 2). No problems yet. Once before i was able to get halfway through svpk2 before crash). the front of the case reads 72 degrees F wich seems cooler than before so maybe i was overheating the processor. I have staved off geek squad for now. (Aparently they just reformat and do a fresh install according to fiancee- not sure). A few last problems remain. When web browsing, if you try to scroll using the mouse wheel (or the bar on the side) the web page moves jerky and slow. (bios setting?) Not sure why after a fresh install. Also, my troubles SEEMED to begin when we tried to use our printer, wich SEEMED to cause the system to reboot the first time. I guess i will test it out tonight. any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Cobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom