I'm looking to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedgeofcheese

Solid State Member
I am looking to upgrade
I would like to upgrade my HP Digital Entertainment Center z540's video card. I simply would like to upgrade for a better gaming experience. The video card I am looking at is the eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT CO 256MB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, VIVO. I have recently looked inside the z540 and it appears that this particular card will not fit, or will it? To me it doesnÂ’t look like it will fit inside the computer, but that is my question...will it fit? Also if the card does not fit are there compact versions of the card on the market and if not, would it be possible to purchase a regular pc case and transfer my HP z540's components to that one?

Thanks
Samuel

the hp digital entertainment pc's are made in a special fashion, they lay horizontally and are pretty compact. i took a look inside and the integrated radeon x300 se card that exists just fits, so im assuming if i upgrade to any card that it most definatley wont fit, is that correct?

In which way won't it fit? height wise or length if its height its simple remove the backplate off the GPU so theres nothing to stop the cover or if its height then you will have send it back mate!

i dunno probably both ways knowing my luck, ok so my next question is do u know if i could tranfer the contents of this entertainment pc to just a regular pc case where the card would fit no problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom