3 watercooling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
and voyeur mods quad core(unless weapon's is noticibly better.)
it'd depend on which heatercore model they use.....if they use the exact same model then it wouldn't matter who you'd go for, but voyeur mods would probably be cheaper and faster.

If I were you I'd simply do one loop with an iwaki, monster core, CPU and GPU blocks and not deal with makes two seperate loops.

If you're worried about differences in temps, chances are the difference between one single loop vs two loops that have triple cores and D5 would be negligable

thanks nubis.
Just because It would be much faster to get the two d5's I have been considering just doing that instead, Or maybe even an iwaki and a d5 lol.

my friend told me this "Iwaki would have roughly 4ft of head pressure while the two D5's would have around 3.75ft of head pressure"

my friend told me this "Iwaki would have roughly 4ft of head pressure while the two D5's would have around 3.75ft of head pressure"
??? Iwakis have like 21 feet of head dude...this is of course with nothing in the loop at all so it'd basically be read as 21ft of head at 0GPM...you'd need to look at a PQ Chart to find out what their curve is after adding in blocks, heatercore and things like that.

A D5 is like .....I think 11feet...can't fully remember offhand, but I don't know what your friend is talking about in regards to 4ft...even after adding in the blocks and things like that it won't knock it down to 4ft.

I've attached a PQ Curver for the Iwaki family...the 55RT obviously is the one I'm talking about thats the powerful 21ft of head pump...it wouldn't be doing 4ft of head pressure until it was having to try and pump out approx 17.5Gallons per minute.

According to that chart though it's actuall around 27ft of head, not 21...but Iwaki was something I'd never buy because of the price so I couldn't remember offhand.

EDIT: Ok scratch that, I can't attach the file due to size so go here:

http://www.wc101.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28&st=60

Scroll down a little bit and you'll see the chart from a guy named Nikhsub1...he's also at xtremesystems and he knows what he's talking about in regards to water cooling, nice fellow as well....notice however this was posted in 2002 so things are definitely different, different models and such, but I was just giving you an idea of a powerful Iwaki pump and what their PQ Charts look like

So if you were me honestly, regardless of the 300$ price difference would yoyu buy an iwaki or use two d5's?

Also what block should i get for me Amd cpu?

why is there a $300 price difference? What Iwaki are you looking at? Two D5's should be approximately $150 and the Iwaki I know that is the more popular one at around 27 or so feet of head is like $175...I can see you're in the liquid cooling section over at XS right now in which you're getting MUCH more informative posts...maxxxracer can sometimes be iffy with the info he pulls as he's somewhat like a parrot and just repeats stuff, but overall he knows a good deal about water cooling.

Nikhsub1 that I mentioned earlier is really knowledgable about that stuff as well as specialblend218...I actually know specialblend here in town and he's the one who first helped set me up back when I was a water noob, however I see he hasn't commented in your particular thread over there.

I don't have any experience with Iwakis, so I'd only be able to tell you a very limited amount based on PQ Charts.

TDX block is basically one of the best you can get...there ARE better but they are also really expensive...as in like $200. a guy named Cathar that is also at XS makes and sells top knotch blocks...his last batch, Storm5 blocks I believe were made from silver...they are really restrictive so you NEED a strong pump so it performs as well as it should.

Overall though that's if you wanted to get really crazy into it and a TDX would serve you just fine...use the #4 accelerator nozzle...that's generally whats agreed upon by most...this is of course available at dangerden.com

as far as cooling memory, a simple 80mm fan above the RAM blowing on it is enough to efficiently cool it.

wow thanks nubis.
I have actually been communicating with specialblend via emails now for 3 days, he is an amazingly nice person.

and im a bit confused, will two d5's actually be increasing power or just flow rate?

Thanks bro
-Maximilian

I have actually been communicating with specialblend via emails now for 3 days, he is an amazingly nice person.
Yeah, on wednesdays me, him and a couple other friends go over to the local pastors sons house and general have a little 'christian study session' but it generally winds up turning into eating, south park, talking about computers and other various things besides christianity lol. Him and I are the only ones who are basically really up to date on computers, how to overclock them and water cooling so sometimes we kind of chat in our little world but it's still good times.

Originally saw him on XS, noticed he was from the same town and he invited me to a LAN back in march, been going ever since...gonna be taking some classes with him next semester lol.

Like I said he was the one who helped me out with water cooling when I didn't know crap about it or what to get.

and im a bit confused, will two d5's actually be increasing power or just flow rate?

Well lets say that D5 is 12 feet of head, I can tell you right now, 2 of them together wouldn't be 24feet of head..so basically it'll be increasing flowrate in the line where it might have started to slow down say after it hits the heatercore and a CPU block or so...but then you'd have to decide whether you'd want the pumps in series or parallel....and then once again that's getting into things I haven't tried nor bothered thinking about because I just wanted a simple pump>heatercore>cpu>gpu>pump style loop to keep things easy.

I still think especially if you're going with the monstercore you should just stick with the Iwaki and I'm pretty sure most at XS will tell you the same.

Originally saw him on XS, noticed he was from the same town and he invited me to a LAN back in march, been going ever since...gonna be taking some classes with him next semester lol.

What town you talking about?

Well lets say that D5 is 12 feet of head, I can tell you right now, 2 of them together wouldn't be 24feet of head..so basically it'll be increasing flowrate in the line where it might have started to slow down say after it hits the heatercore and a CPU block or so...but then you'd have to decide whether you'd want the pumps in series or parallel....and then once again that's getting into things I haven't tried nor bothered thinking about because I just wanted a simple pump>heatercore>cpu>gpu>pump style loop to keep things easy.

I still think especially if you're going with the monstercore you should just stick with the Iwaki and I'm pretty sure most at XS will tell you the same.

-series i understand but how would you make them paralell?
-wait didnt you just say that the two d5's still have more power :p
-yeah they say to go with the iwaki and specialblend says go with d5s.

-**** im confused lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom