Upgrade to dual channel???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iulibiz

Solid State Member
Hi guys!!
One question... Is it worht it to change my OCZ Platinum edition 3200 512 ram (kit of 2 256 ram) with verry good latencies (3,2,3,5) with 1 512 DUAL CHANNEL???

What will be the difference in performance? Is it noticeble? I'm running a n intel platform....

I dunno. It wouldnt be THAT big of a difference. If you want a difference, get a gig of ram. You'd see somthing there.

what? If you put one stick of 512 in, you'd be UNDOING your dual channel. Dual channel requires two identical/nearly identical sticks of ram. If you put one in... dual channel operation is gone.

Ryan

I see. Ok let's say i'll buy 2 of 256 ram dual channel.....How big of a difference is in applications, and if it's worth it. I'm thinking later on to OC....wich one of theese 2 options would be better for OC?

Dual channel gives each stick of ram 6.4gb/s bandwidth instead of them both fighting over one.

It's not the RAM, you need to make sure that your motherboard supports dual channel.

Guys you still did not answer my question. IS it worth replacing it?? My mobo supports dual channel.... So is it worth it?????

No, unless the sticks you want to buy are better. Any set of indentical DDR RAM sticks can run in dual-channel as long as your motherboard supports it. Socket 939 boards do.

Does any of you know something better than OCZ platinum series latencies 2-3-2-5....???? Thats what i have on right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom