comp not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj33189

Baseband Member
hey guys
umm.. so my buddy's comp (hes in another state and im basing this off of what he says) wont display the image when it reboots
the comp starts and does the drives, mobo, and the ram sticks are alll connected properly and the connections have been triple connected.. the monitor just wont show anytrhing.. and after about 5 minutes, there is a beeping sound that comes and goes every 2 seconds or so, sounds like its from the PC speaker itself.. its like something isnt connected
any advice on what to do?
once it started, went into windows, and then while he did something in windows, the monitor went blank again.
thanks
really appreciate it
JJ

just remove the CMOS battery on the MOBO and put it back in after 15 minutes?

Ya, make sure the computer is unpluged from the wall too.

Don't really need 15 minutes, 3-5 minutes is plenty. doesn't take that long for power to drain.

hey
i tried the cmos (we took it out and put it back in after about 7 mins)
then we tried and reseated the video card...
still no avail .. doesnt work.. but we still havent heard any beeping
thanks a lot for the hlep
anything else we could do?
appreciate it
JJ

we dont have one :(.. and besides the comp started up went to windows and then the monitor conked out.. i dunno what to do.. any help? Ste? come on buddy.. i know you can help a bro out

alright
so some progress
the comp turned on after we checked the ram sticks.. one of them was kinda sorta loose
the monitor came on to the start up screen.. buttt noww....
it says "CMOS Checksum Error... Defaults Loaded" please help
thanks
appreciate it
JJ

So let me recap so I understand this.

Turned it on, took long time to get into windows.. Then it finnally got to windows, then screen went Blank?

The only thing you can do now, is try another video card or try that video card in another computer. Also, it may seem dumb but try a different moniter.

We can't really go in further unless we find out if video card died or not.

the CMOS checksum error? i dunno.. we dont really have that many comps around to try it much .. could it be anythign else? like the beeping? the CMOS? ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom