Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

The51

In Runtime
I have an issue with windows and my dual monitors. I have a GeForce2 Ti 64mb AGP4x card set as my primary monitor, and as my secondary monitor I have a GeForce2 MX400 64mb PCI card. And when i start windows with the monitor plugged into my secondary card windows can't start that card, but when I don't have the monitor plugged into the card it works just fine. Meaning both of the drivers are loaded just fine. Does anybody know how to fix this? I don't want to unplug my monitor every time i start up windows.

I'm running Windows XP Professional.

Thanx
The51

Probably not a direct fix... but in your bios, what is your primary video source set to? It should be set to AGP. (which it probably already is but im just making sure). Have you tried different monitors on the PCI video card and does that make a difference? Im assuming you have reinstalled your PCI cards driver and updated it in your trouble shooting process. Now that im thinking more about it... id try a different monitor for starters.

I'm pretty sure it's my monitor, would getting a new driver help? It's a Sony GDM-20E01 BNC monitor.

Thanx
The51

Just out of curiosity, whenever i run a search for your monitor, it comes back with pages related to compatibility, any why is BNC at the end of your model number? Thats not some crazy monitor that connects via a BNC connector and not a DB15 is it? Try a new monitor and I bet you should be fine.

2 cents,

Isn't that a sync on green monitor? With either 3 or 5 BNC connectors on the back of monitor? Did you also need to use a BNC to db15 cable? If so,a few things need to be addressed to use the monitor on standard vga cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom