Computer build

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st potential problem I am seeing is with the mb. with only one ide plug that only gives you two devices. If your hard drives are sata you will be ok. If they are not then that uses your two devices with no room for a cd drive.
best memory ozc.
you got pci express on that board so make sure to get pci expess vid card not agp.

better. kinda a funky spot for the floppy to hook up to. can hook up to 6 ide and 4 sata drives nice. ddr2 memory will cost you a bit. whats this computers primary use?

Yeah, what are you using this for. If its for gaming, then go with AMD. Whats your max budget? it will help a lot in determing what the best parts are that you can buy.

Max budget will be around 800-900 probably. I am a Computer Information Technology student right now in college, so I will need it for some coding/network admin, mass music, and gaming is another big thing. I was going to go with AMD but i am not very familiar with their technologies, therefore i didn't feel safe picking out some of their products (Have been an Intel guy since birth). I also will not be overclocking my system. Would be willing to try AMD if i found a sure fit system i wouldn't have to mess with to get working.

you can get more bang for your buck with amd. best to go with a socket 939. PZEROFGH should be around soon and he is one of the best at putting systems together. I am positive he can get you specs for a nice rig with that budget.

with your price range better to stay away from sli. sli alows you to hook 2 vid cards up in tandem to increase performance. dfi is a motherboard manufacturer. they make some great boards as well as msi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom