Oh, god please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
woot6600GT said:
How would I go about reinstalling the drivers when I can't get to windows and bios is incomprehensible?

Swap in a different video card and immediatly boot into safe mode. That way, since you won't be using any drivers, you'll be able to uninstall them without them being in use.

Hmm, good idea. So I'll order my 7800, pop it in, and uninstall/ reinstall drivers. Refresh my memory, how do I boot in safe mode again? It only prompts me to do it if there's a problem, right? Should I install the new drivers off the CD that comes with the card, or DL 'em off the nvidia site?

Actually, if it is just a driver corruption, couldn't I fix it now?... Assuming the card is fine. How can I boot into safe mode when I can't see anything properly on the screen? Need help please!

F8 when booting, and then somehow select it on the list. anyone know where it is on the list?

it's not going to be drivers corruption causing that...especially if it just happened out of the blue.

Your card is dead and needs to be replaced...my screen did the exact same thing when my FX 5700 died about a year ago.

It's kinda weird considering my card's only about 9 months old. Anyway, I should be getting the 7800GT about Thursday so we'll see how it goes.

lol your card lasted 9 months? My ATI Radeon 9600 Xt only lasted like 4 months before it started to die on me, that when I bought my eVGA 6800.

It's dissapointing considering my card is an eVGA and was not overclocked.... or maybe it was, but only a little I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom