Parents hate me cause of program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
next time, if there is one, check event viewer and see what is failing. Also, exact problem and what its doing would be helpful. As in, does it just restart with no screen? Lock up and if it does, is it online only, apps, games, etc. The more info the better. What was the last thing they were doing, etc. To let you know, if its crashing via a reboot then disable autorestart after system failure (rt click my computer, properties, advanced, and then startup/recovery and disable it). This will freeze the system and it will have to be power cycled by hand, BUT you will now at least get an error to pin point what the problem is. Post them and event vwr in detail.

sp2 doesnt do **** u need to install zone alarm and ad-aware. those are some very good programs. and if his parents are telling you you are destroying the computer they are ******* stupid as hell and know anything about computers. you cant mess up computer by installing ad-aware or tune up utilities for that matter but i wouldnt recommend tune up utilities ad-aware is better. STAPLE THIS TO THEIR HEAD.

also i would buy a xp cd if i where him all the CRAP that sony puts on their restore disks is pointless and slows down the computer.

that computer was built when it was just xp 2600 (no sertivce packs). so it is now a security nightmare. get a xp service pack 2 disc, install it and also delete that old hidden recovery partiton while installing. when you are done. head to sonysupport.com. download the clean library install download for that specific computer. now you can install
the old programs and drivers from the recovery cds that they have. don't install old A/V and adware programs as they are seriously outdates. explain to them that they version of xp is outdated

check the equipment out with a good fix it utility program too. I have a newer viao then their and I been through 2 power supplies with it. their power supply are expensive (120-150 buck) and cheap (quality, that is). they are not worth 30 bucks. you might want to have them consider taking that mobo out and putting it in a new case if you are having power supply issues with it so you can get it a high quality psu. I wouldn't do this part since they are acting ungrateful, but I'd suggest it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom