Amd Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanjo

In Runtime
Ok, im still looking at building a comp but cant decide what to get. What would you guys recommend...
Seeing as I live in New Zealand can you use this site: www.ascent.co.nz

I was thinking around $1-1.5k (NZD, the one on the site), and want to use it for medium games like AOE3, EE2, stuff like that, rarely a high high end game.

I want a AMD one by the way, I kinda ruled out intel for games ages ago..

do you have any parts already...eg...keyboard mouse, monitor, hdd....any of that sorta stuff or do you want a full new system ??

For an AMD motherboard stick with the Socket 939. The Asus AN8-E is a nice stable board. I don't know anything about Gigabyte but I am sure others can help here.

I also recommend the Athlon 64 3200+ Venice core or 3000+ Venice core CPU. However, the latest news is that AMD, as per AnandTech.com, will be halting shipment of these very popular CPUs along with the 3500+ which is surprising merchants.

Last time I checked, Newegg was already out of the 3000+ CPUs... it sounds like they're going fast.

I've heard Asus isn't a brand of motherboard you want with Athlon 64's. They're supposed to be kind of buggy.

For your video card, you'll be pleased with an Nvidia 6600GT for AOE3 and whatnot. Recommended brands are in this order: eVGA, BFG, Leadtek. Those are my experiences anyway.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom