will this work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you take that XP Dell cd, and its nots an image file but an actual XP cd, you can rip it to your hdd and then make an iso from it and then burn it back to a cd-r and it should work on any pc. Just make sure there arent any dell files in the cd. I have done this before and it worked.

how old is the dell pc by the way ?? reason im asking is because...my parents got a HP computer about 2-3 years ago and that come with a XP Home cd...it wasnt an image....it was a full copy of XP Home and i could install it onto any computer...its just recently that the companies like HP, Dell and so on...are starting to use image cd's to save themselfs money

just try it. I use to use my old gateway cd to install windows on other people's computers

Just did this for a customer. Took their POS dell and got a new mobo and all then installed the XP they had on Dell disk. It's the same as a regular install with the exception that it has a few Dell parts added in that needed to be uninstalled. not to painfull at all. Like ErikB said, give it a try...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom