Crucial Ballistix

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorKwin

In Runtime
I've been upgrading my computer recently and I'm about to get an BFG 6800 from my friend. It's going to be much better than my current TI and I've noticed something. With my slow, 512mb of RAM it runs most games on low settings just fine. A few days ago my friend let me test his XFX 6800 and it ram fine on full settings and all that except for the EXTREME loading/paging when just walking around it most any games. I play CSS alot and it's really apparent there. I've decided to get 1gb of ram and I've found (what seems to be) a great deal. These Crucial Ballistix are currently $121 and have timings of 2-2-2-6 which to me seems pretty good. I've been waiting to see if anyone would write a review on Newegg about them so I could see how they are. I can't find any reviews anywhere else about them either. I'm just wondering if there should be any reason that I should not trust these.

they look good to me, most people on this forum jus use OCZ, and G.Skill for their systems

Well to me, these look cheap and good. I just need to find out what I'm asking for Christmas. If these are good, I'll just get these unless I get money or parents decide to be generous =0

im jw is that ram going to go into the comp in your sig? if so i think it would be better to jus get another 512mb of value ram and save that money for a new comp? just a thought haha

Crucial makes very good RAM and their Ballistix PC3200 is one of their most popular sellers. Go over to Crucial.com and on their main screen you can scroll down and there is a tool to find what Ballistix RAM will work with your mobo. Great tool.

I can't buy another 512 stick of the Kingston because my motherboard is dual channel only and they don't make value ram with the same revision as mine. I've tried it before and it's quite unstable. Yes, this will go in my current config and I know it will work in my pc. Just wondering if there is any rep on this ram for being good or something.

Will you be overclocking? If you are, you'll want ram with good timings like 2-2-2-6, but if you're not, i suggest just getting some plain old value ram from OCZ, Corsair, Kingston, G.Skill, and i've heard Crucial is good too.

No I can't really overclock since this cpu can't handle anything after stock. I'm starting the think it's the motherboard that can't handle the fsb. Heck, I don't know.

Well since you're not overclocking, just average value ram will perform just as well as that ram. Those timings are meant for the overclocker so it'll be useless for you. Value ram is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom