Another problem with my roomie's PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSenaTeLives

Baseband Member
When installing XP, the .dll file msvbvm50 will not copy correctly, thus the operating system will not work. The setup said there may be a problem with the XP disc I'm using, so I've used three different ones. Is there some way around this? Heh heh.

Help!

make sure the disk is clean...and minimal scrathes....if that still doesnt work...try a diffrent cd drive

well if youve tried 3 different cd's. its possible,

Your not starting over when it stops are u?when its looking for a file u can open the drive throw another disc in there and click enter and hope it finds it on that one.

I'll throw in another CD drive on his box probably tomorrow, tired of fighting with it for today. I can just salvage his from his old box.

If it works, thanks guys

All right, put in a different CD-ROM drive, yet it still will not yield a positive result. I'm simply perturbed on this.

I understand I can DL the .dll file, but how would i install it on the machine? burn it and boot from the burned disc with the DLL on it? 'Cause we don't have an operating system fully functional on this bad boy yet. Please clarify.

Thanks

Clear the CMOS, and try CD drive On a differen't IDE channel, to go along with that, if he only has 1 HD and 1 optical drive, put them on separate IDE channels and set them both as master.

How would I go about clearing the CMOS on an an Asus board?

Open up the BIOS and do what to it? I'd research it myself, but time is against me, unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom