Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam123

In Runtime
Howdy

I'm having some second thoughts about building this computer of mine. Im a 15 year old geek (I'll admit it haha). I just am wondering if its worth it to build this. Can i use it for a long time? Because im currently half way through grade 10, i want to use this computer till college and longer. I realize itll need upgrades along the way, but is it worth it? The specs for the comp are on my signature.

mix of both. Btw, my signature needs to be changed, im getting the 7800GT video card. But some gaming (not alot of hardcore stuff like BF2) But you know, enough. And school work.

should be alright then...maybe stick to the 6800GS for the time being...and wait until it starts to date and get the newer nvidia cards when they come out...because the 6800GS is a very good card :) and can be overclocked past a 6800ultra ;)

It will stay perfect for school work/internet. The only thing that it won't last for is gaming. In 3 years it will only play games on low settings, but again it should still work great.

Im in the same boat as you, 16 year old asking "Should i spend $1300 on a computer right now? How long until its been surpassed tech wise? Is it really worth it?" My parents have had their computer for almost 9 years (gateway with a P2, etc...) and still works for them. Just goes to show you that if you take good care of the comuter it will last you a long time and still work. Just my 2 cents.

Good point. and the 7800GT wont last me 3 years? wow. Well i guess times are evolving. Yeah i might go with the GS then, it certainly will be a little easier on my wallet. haha.

I'd go with the GS. It'll do it for games for quite a while yet, and then right before they phase out PCIe cards, you can buy up the top of the line model for PCIe and make it last a little longer.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom