looking for a good 128mb vid card for my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

honor man

Baseband Member
hi im looking for a good 128 mb vid card. i plan on buying or making (not sure which yet) a new comp in the next year or so, but in the meantime id like a little game better performance on the rig i have. i've had this one since febuary 2002. it is a dell dimension 4400 with the following:

P4 1.7 ghz
512 ram
NVIDIA GeForce 3 64mb
SB Live!

They had a great sale on an ATI 256mb card at best buy on black friday but i didnt buy it because i didnt think the rest of my system was powerful enough for to utilize the extra ability versus a 128mb card.

thanks for your advice

eVGA 6600GT for around 130 dollars if that price is right if you have a little more you can go for a 6800GS when it comes out

SHAWN said:
Does that dell have an AGP slot?

im not sure but i assume so because it's huge. it has lots of room in there.

anyway, how can i check? when i open the comp up, what should i look for? and yes i open it up every now and then so im not a total noob. i installed a second hard drive and dvd drive on it.:D

Well i have a Dimension 3000, and its AGP. I dont think the 4400 would be much different..

Adam123 said:
Well i have a Dimension 3000, and its AGP.

Are you certain because every dimension 3000 I ever seen did not have a agp slot.

On the other hand the dimension 4400 should have a agp slot.

Well if you have an AGP slot, then there will be a socket along the PCI port lines but a little further to the front of the machine and there will be the card you stick your monitor cable into, also if there is a VGA on the mobo then you probably dont have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom