First PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPink

Beta member
I've been doing a lot of reading and this is what I came up with for a budget of about $1000 - $1200. I'm willing to overclock if I need to, but based on what I've read about these parts I don't think it'll be necessary, not yet. If I missed something or I need a change, please let me know.

Case: Antec Solution SLK3000-B Black

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D ATX

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939

Video Card: eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256-P2-N515-AX

Memory: OCZ Value Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s

DVD Drive: NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner

Power: Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V 550W

Keyboard/Mouse: Microsoft Black Wired Keyboard

Monitor: ENVISION EFT920 Silver 19" Pure Flat CRT

Thanks for the advice and it sounds like Korsair is the better option so I'll go with it. If no one else has anymore suggestions then I guess I am good to go.

If you can afford it you should go with 2 gigs of RAM. I have an almost identical setup and it can run F.E.A.R, BF2, COD2, etc on max settings flawlessly.

Yea I've thought about that, but I think I'll just go with 1G for now and if I feel I need some later I can upgrade. I just have to draw the line somewhere, otherwise I'll end up spending more than I should. Thanks though.

Yea 1GB is still a good amount. In the future, you may want to upgrade to 2GB. Just don't go over 2GB because XP doesn't do anything with it, therefore it's useless.

You could get an opteron 148 since those are basically the same as a 3700+ and then OC it. That is pretty much the same build i had before :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom