Soon to be reformatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
Well, its about time for me to be reformatting my computer. But I was just wondering some things before I do it.

I have 2 hard drives (WD 120GB IDE, WD 250GB SATA). The 120GB is partitioned into C: (windows) and D: (programs). The 250GB is just a storage place for all my random crap.

1) Could I just reformat my C: Partition and leave the D: partition untouched? And would my installed programs work? How could I get everything to show up as installed programs, since my old registry will be wiped clean.

2) I've heard there is some extra step to get the SATA recognized in Windows. If I don't do this step then I would lose all the data on it. Is this true? What extra step is there?

I don't know if this will help or not. But my Motherboard is a MSI 875P Neo-FISR (601-6758-050).

If theres info on the D I wouldn't even hook it up till you got sp2 on there.

1) Some will, most won't. Re-install may help.
2) I don't know nothing about SATA. But I guess you won't loose anything. Just install SATA drivers and it should work.

TheMajor said:
1) Some will, most won't. Re-install may help.
2) I don't know nothing about SATA. But I guess you won't loose anything. Just install SATA drivers and it should work.

if your sata harddrive is already partitioned, you won't lose data. windows xp will always see a partition

TheMajor said:
Just install SATA drivers and it should work.

Would I install the SATA drivers when prompted to hit F6 to install 3rd party SCSI drivers when installing Windows XP? That's what I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom