Next Move: 2GB of RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the fact that I know you're jumping on the M2 bandwagon...buying more DDR1 at this point would be silly...I am personally not touching my machine until K9 CPUs and DDR3 hit the market as M2 is still K8 architecture and DDR2 is still crap...I think adding a PPU will make 1GB more than enough to last until 2008
This is why i said what i said becasue i would just stick w/ what i got until the new NEW stuff comes out. 2gig should make him last that long.

Perhaps I should have upgraded to socket 939, but i couldn't afford the additional $300-$400 it would have required to do it. Plus, why do that when there is not much performance increase with the change of sockets
my original thoughts were predominately because the nf3 chipset sucks with the 6xxx series and up, but then I noticed that you got that fairly new ABit board which has the nf4 chipset so all is well, hence why I then basically retracted my statement of having gone socket 939.

I would say OC your RAM however the kingston series have BH-5 chips I believe, so you'd basically need a DFI board that can give it volts to be able to do it....so scratch that.

This is probably where gaara and I are fine with 1gb albeit there are times where it's necessary, not only do we have it running in dual channel with socket 939 but we also have ours overclocked...mine being at DDR500 and his being at like...hell I don't know DDR550 or 560 or so.

I suppose if you're waiting for atleast another year then getting 2gb now wouldn't really be that much of a dent in the pocket, but every little bit counts

beedubaya said:
something just to hold me over until I build a G80 SLI rig for Unreal Engine 3 games.
How many times do I need to say... aww forget it. I have already told you. I got 2x1gb G.skill RAM and it does DDR500 with 3-3-2-0-1T timings. haven't tried higher yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom