Pentium D 820 at 67C

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtb2005

Baseband Member
My proc. is at 67C (built yesterday w/ Zalman 7700Alcu and Arctic Silver). Is that to hot?

My prescott is idling at 42 degrees, ambient 35 degrees. Im using a Coolermaster Hyper48 HS/F. Whats your ambient temp? That makes all the difference.

The cpu is in full contact w/ the heatsink, but the heatsink was tilted after it made contact with the thermal compound, so I was worried at air bubbles getting in (there were two screws on opposing sides, so when I was screwing one in it torqued the other side up even though I was holding it) It maxes at 67 on load

mtb2005 said:
The cpu is in full contact w/ the heatsink, but the heatsink was tilted after it made contact with the thermal compound, so I was worried at air bubbles getting in (there were two screws on opposing sides, so when I was screwing one in it torqued the other side up even though I was holding it) It maxes at 67 on load

U need to slowly screw all the screws in equally. Not one and then the other. Just redo it. Also its takes many hours for the artic silver to set up and work in. Still, your load temps are too high, i would say. Whats your AMBIENT temp?

spring is so stifff that you can't screw in all the screws in the same time unless you have 10 hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom