Strange problem w/ CD-Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesker

Solid State Member
Howdy, I am just wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have that absolutely no one I have spoken to has ever HEARD of. I had a cd-rom/burner that would do everything fine until I would try to play a game I installed. It would start up, read the disc, install and otherwise do everything perfectly. But when I try to PLAY the game it tells me it to insert the correct CD. I thought the thing had finally broken and bought a CD-Rom/Burner. But it does the EXACT same thing. I installed the drivers, it reads all discs perfectly, installs the games without any problems and is otherwise in perfect condition. but when I try to PLAY a game I have installed with it, ANY game, it says the disc is not in the drive. I know I have the proper disc in the drive, it is a retail version not a burned copy, I know it is installed correcly (cause like I said, everything else works) the ONLY thing it does is fail to read the disc when i want to PLAY a game that it has already installed. Does my computer just have a cruel sense of irony? Someone PLEASE help.

Hello wesker....

U shouldnt have bought a new CD-ROM , the old one were working perfectly . Ur problem is not with the drive , actually its with the game , u just need a crack for the game .

U said ur using a trial version NOT burned one...so the normal thing that it plays without cracks.......but i got ur problem before with " Need for speed -High stakes " , it came with my VGA as a trial version...and suprise !!!!!! it didnt play without a crack ...dont ask me for the reason.

So simply try to find a crack for ur game...and more specifically there r ( NO-CD cracks )....make u play the game without the CD.

hope dat helps

Quote: If we dont end WAR , WAR will end us.

But its not just the one game. It is ANY game I install. Unless there is some new mandatory protocol in the game industries that makes all the games need cracks to play them. What could be the problem!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom