Parents hate me cause of program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok just to give you the basics. My friends got a sony vaio with 1gb of pc2100 ram, a p4 2.0ghz cpu and a 9800 pro 256. It was a decent system until he kept telling me he was reformating every couple of months. He said the computer kept crashing and had to use system recovery (is that any good, ive used it and messes up programs) to get it to run. I went to install ad-aware and his mom got pissed off because she though it would kill her files and programs and it was fine. Mean while it was lagging and had no virus checker. They think all they need is a firewall. Lol I dont think so. Anyway i installed a program called Tune-up utilities 2006 and It was fine. Everything was running fast, they were happy. Until once again the pc is starting to crap out and needs to be reformated. They think tune-up is making the pc crash and I know shit about computers and im dumb. They also think the computer is the best (which it isnt even close) and they dont need my help even though in the 4 years theyve had pc its been reformated over 30 times. So my question is it tune-up or cause of the pc and they take crappy care of it and what do i tell his parents cause they almost dont want me hanging out with him cause of this wtf?!?!?

Its a user error. Stay clear of people like that. Yes, you mean well, but its not worth it. Let them deal with it.

if their telling you first of all to not be is friend over a stupid computer then I would tell them to **** off in the first place..

Most likely what Sony is adding to the system as far as programs is screwing it up.Is it even a disc or a recovery partition.I knew someone with a new viao and their problems didnt stop till they put a clean copy of xp on it.

Stay away from tune up utilities, you are only asking for trouble...I would instal my own copy of XP Pro SP2 on that Vaio and be done with it.

Pepsiboy700 said:
what u just said bruce just fits with this problem, i agree. and i think its a viao disk, havent seen them "reformat" in person.

Most companies wont even give a disk these days, Even dell charges 10 bux extra for one I've heard.So every reformat you have to install whatever Sony puts on there.

Warez Monster said:
Stay away from tune up utilities, you are only asking for trouble...I would instal my own copy of XP Pro SP2 on that Vaio and be done with it.
I agree on tune up utilites, less is always more.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom